Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2nd Place!

I'm so happy to say that I placed 2nd in the last Spoonflower design contest!  Thank you to everyone that voted!  The theme was "Midsummer Nights Dream" inspiration from the play by William Shakespeare.  It was a palette restricted contest too.  We had to use these exact 5 colors...


My design is named "Love-in-idleness" which is another way of referring to pansies.  The flower has a big part in the play.  I have little white details on the fern leaves that make them appear to be a lighter yellow.  Fun how that works!
Moving on...

Results for the "Citrus Fruits" will be announced this Thursday (not expecting to do so well in that one).

In the meantime, I've also entered into the "Picnics" weekly contest (voting starts Thursday).  My design is named "Ants Love Watermelon".  I painted the watermelon with watercolor.  People tend to not care for the realistic approach but I'm going with it anyway.  I like it.  I've ordered some fabric in a linen/cotton blend that I plan to make dinner napkins or dish towels with... maybe an apron.  I'm not going to promise that you will ever see finished product though.  Maybe.  I'll try.

I've really had fun entering these contests.  I love to see what all of the other designers come up with and I've loved when there have been extra limitations to the rules.   However, I'm going to take a break from Spoonflower contests to have time for NEW adventures in design.  I'll keep you posted.  Promise.  Jill

No comments :

Post a Comment