Wednesday, July 31, 2013

End of July



I've entered into another Spoonflower weekly design contest.  "Fireflies" voting begins August 8th.  I love to see fireflies at night.  At first, I was going to paint them because I thought that I could get a nice glowing effect with the transparency of watercolor.  I eventually decided to not be too realistic with this one.  I thought that they were less creepy in this stylized way.  I have a smaller version too that you can see at my Spoonflower shop.

In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow.  Lilla Rogers team will announce the top 50 that will be able to move on to the next assignment.  I've been checking out the blog world and I'm blown away by all of the different ways that people have tackled the playground journal assignment.  There are so many great designs, they must have had so much fun going through them all.  I'm so curious to see the top 50, I have the joy and anticipation of a kid at Christmas!  I really hope they let us know how many submissions they received too. 

Side note... Since I was in the sharing mood in my last post... I thought that I would let you know that my mom is doing much, much better:)

July has been a blur... I'm dreaming of a great August!

No comments :

Post a Comment