Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Life

Life is definitely a roller coaster.  I have to say that I've been coasting along pretty well up until a couple of weeks ago.

Since my last post, my mom has had some severe health issues.  She has been at a hospital an hour away for more than a week now and visiting her and worrying about her is definitely taking a toll on me.  There were some days last week when I was not quite sure what I was supposed to be doing with myself.  When I had some free time I decided to keep working on my playground design for Lilla Rogers.  That seems silly right?  I have someone that I love near death and I'm painting kids on a playground.  Well, painting kept my mind off the dark, scary side of life and reminded me of the bright, fun side.  I'm thankful to these kids... even though some of them gave me a little trouble.  I'm glad that I was able to finish the assignment too.

I'm sharing this because I think that art, any form, can have tremendous healing power and it's a healthy way to escape.  I think it's so important for people to have some kind of creative outlet.  If you don't have one,  it's never too late to learn something new.

I'm now waiting to see where this ride takes me... I really wouldn't mind if it slowed down a bit.  I'll keep you posted.
Jill
 

No comments :

Post a Comment