Monday, July 8, 2013

Sewing 101

I made something with my fabric!  Really simple too.  I ended up making some dinner/picnic napkins with my "Ants love watermelon" fabric.  I am really happy with the way the design printed.  I was able to make 6 square napkins from a yard of linen/cotton from Spoonflower.  It was fun and frustrating photographing them...


I made a little watermelon juice and then had a difficult time shooting the photos before the ice melted and the table and napkins got wet.  It was an incredibly hot day.    I got the idea for the slice on the glass from a beautiful photo of watermelon/coconut water on Pinterest (see it here).  My attempt looks a little awkward... I think.  This was my first venture into food photography and I give the pros a LOT of credit!


 


No comments :

Post a Comment