Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dim Sum Anyone?

Here is another entry into Spoonflower's Weekly Contest.  This week the theme is "Dim Sum" and it is a palette restricted contest too.  At first, I had no idea what I would create.  I kind of liked the colors that they chose so I googled "dim sum" for some images to get my brain working.  I was first inspired by the steaming baskets that dim sum is cooked in.  I'm familiar with the baskets so that may be why they caught my attention first.  The food however was a challenge.  I have never actually had dim sum so I was looking for some kind of appealing shape.  There were a lot of little dumplings, some shaped like scallop shells (I liked their look).  There were a lot of leaves, some stuffed with food and others used in the bottom of the baskets (leaves always work), and there was a sushi roll looking thing with maybe carrots (??) that looked good.  Here is what I came up with.  I think the designs would make cute houseware items.  Hope you like it :)

Voting starts this Thursday 8/29.  Here is the link if you want to vote.  I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with, I think this contest will be a fun one.




 



No comments :

Post a Comment