Thursday, September 19, 2013

Yay!

All kinds of Spoonflower updates for you...

My dinosaurs came in 5th place in the weekly Spoonflower contest!  I'm super happy!  Thanks to everyone who voted for them.  I have not received samples of the fabric yet but when I do I will upload some photos.

In the meantime, I just received my samples of "Dim Sum".  This collection of designs really surprised me.  At first, I was not going to enter this contest because I had no idea what to design.  Then... over coffee and google one morning the idea hit me and I really enjoyed building the coordinating designs.  I'm pretty pleased with the way they printed too.  I took some photos this morning...


This afternoon, I found out that my "Kuler Carnival" design placed 27th!  I'm pretty happy anytime my design is in the top 50!

This week the theme is "Small-scale Geometric Print for Shoes".  The contest is in conjunction with the company Milk and HoneyMilk and Honey is a website where you can custom design your own shoes.  If you love shoes, you need to check it out.  I'm not expecting my entry to do very well.  I hate to be a pessimist but there are so many entries and so many that are more interesting than mine.  A lot of designers mocked up their design onto a shoe and it's really fun to check out the Spoonflower Flickr Pool to see them.  There are so many ways to style your shoe!  After quite a few mock ups with different shoe styles, colors, heels, open toe, closed toe, rounded, squared and on and on and on...

This is what I went with.

I know, as I try to find my niche in the world I know it's not in fashion design.  If this were Project Runway, Heidi would be saying "Auf Wiedersehen"!

No comments :

Post a Comment