Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hera Gallery

I joined a fun little project to support Hera Gallery and my local community.  Hera Gallery put out a call for artists to build or decorate some donated birdhouses for an auction.

The event will raise funds and awareness for the Jonnycake Center, Welcome House, The Educational Exchange, and for Hera Gallery.  The birdhouses will be up for auction on March 29th, 2014 from 12 to 5 pm at The Farmer’s Daughter located on Route 138 at 716 Mooresfield Rd, South Kingstown, RI.  There will be food trucks next to the greenhouse all afternoon and entertainment provided by local musician, Ariel Rose Bodman, from 2-3pm. The silent auction will be held from 12-3 pm and the live auction portion will commence at 3 pm.  If you live nearby, come on over and bid on a birdhouse!

I decided to decorate one of the birdhouses that were donated by South County Art Supply.  It is a tiny little thing.  I recycled my MATS zipper pouch design... I rearranged the elements a bit, decoupaged it to the birdhouse, added a little paint and...Voila!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone buys it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93559750@N07/13413007423/

No comments :

Post a Comment