Wednesday, March 19, 2014

MATS Bootcamp - March

Hello Jello.
This month, our assignment was to create a design for fabric with a jello theme.  I had fun with it.  It's not a theme that I would have done if not for this class.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone interpreted this theme.  I'm a bit in the dark at the moment.  Last month, I was getting a little overwhelmed with all of the images being posted in our MATS Facebook group.   I loved seeing everyone's ideas but occasionally someone would post an idea that I was thinking about and then I would feel like I couldn't go that route anymore or I would be so amazed by someone's creativity and think that my design wasn't good enough.  It was frustrating.  I was also spending way too much time reading through every post and feeling like I should comment on the designs or hit the like button.   There are over 500 people in this class!  Granted, not everyone is posting their ideas but there are so many that are.  I can tell myself over and over to not compare my work to others but when hundreds of images are being put in front of me everyday... I'm weak, I can't help it.   I decided that it was better for me to deactivate my Facebook account to keep me from logging in.  I had to take drastic measures because I have no will power.  If there is chocolate in the house... I will eat it.  I felt some FB withdrawal symptoms for 2-3 days after deactivation but now... I'm fine!  I'm happy in my little, ignorant bubble.  I do miss my MATS mates though, they were an inspiring group in many ways.

The online gallery should be unveiled March 25th.  I'll come back and post a link to the gallery so that you can see all of the finished designs.  I can't wait to see them all.

All of these fabrics will soon be available at my Spoonflower shop.

Jill


http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/jillbyers



No comments :

Post a Comment