Friday, April 4, 2014

Spoonflower update...

I didn't place very well in the "Wellies and Galoshes" contest.  105 out of 238!

In my quest for more confidence, I'm supposed to be thankful for all of my small successes.  In that spirit, I'm thankful that I ranked higher than 133 other designers.  The glass is more than half full!  Yay!  Better yet... Let's forget that contest ever happened and move on.  Shall we?

This week the theme is "Whales".  Fun!  I've been wanting to do a whale design.

This whale contest has a restricted palette.  I liked the colors at first glance, I thought they were preppy and fitting for whales.  Nantucket red and whales.  Perfect!  Then... I tried them out in my design and I have to say that they were really difficult to work with.  I was not liking the #D68189 color at all so I used it very sparingly as background dots.   Everyone did a fantastic job.  There are so many ways to draw a whale!  Check out the crazy amount of entries and vote here.  Seriously, grab a cup of tea... there are a lot of entries!


http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/2972330
"Whales in Waves" is also on products over at Society6 too.  Here it is on a pillow.

http://society6.com/JillByers/Whales-in-Waves_Print#1=45

No comments :

Post a Comment