Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spoonflower

I'm going to try to challenge myself.  While I'm currently enrolled in MATS Part B, I'm also going to try to enter the next 5 Spoonflower contests.  For the last year or so, I've been trying to create at least one new design a week.  Sometimes I fall short and sometimes I'm able to complete two or three.  All of the upcoming contest themes sound fun to me so I thought that this would be a good time to pick up the pace.  This is going to be extra challenging for me this month because another school break is coming up.

I do not enter the contests with the hope of winning.  I've been super happy to be in the top 10 a few times but seriously if I rank anywhere in the top 75 I'm thrilled!  I think the contests are fun, challenging and a great way to build my portfolio.  I use the voting results as an gauge for determining if my design is marketable.  I need some kind of gauge because my personal opinion about a design usually doesn't translate into sales.  Some of my favorite designs have never sold.  My "Whales in Waves" from last week came in 209 out of 399.

The theme this week was "Lilies".   The entries are really varied because we could use any kind of lily with no color restrictions.  Check them out here.

I went simple for this one.  It's called Lily Stripe.

I'm now working away at my MATS assignment.  At the moment, I'm really liking my idea and I hope that I can pull it together by Sunday.
http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/3035816

No comments :

Post a Comment